• Tractor
  • Town of Pittsfield Townhall
  • Town of Pittsfield Cemetery
  • Garbage and Recycling
  • Town of Pittsfield Elections
  • Town of Pittsfield Burning Permits

Town of Pittsfield


For any emergency CALL 9-1-1

Non-Emergceny Numbers
  • Sheriff’s Dept.¬† (920) 391-7450
  • Tri-County Fire Dept.¬† (920) 822-5392
  • NEW Paramedic Rescue (888) 888-3838

    All town contacts


Implements of Husbandry (IOH)

Weight Limit Requirements

The state has passed legislation requiring agricultural equipment, including tractors, combines, and other pieces of equipment that by definition of the new law meet the standards of being called implements of husbandry or agricultural commercial vehicles (Ag CMV), to follow weight and size limits when traveling upon public roadways.

Your Town Board came to its decision on this matter after numerous discussions which included the input from public meetings and consultations with neighboring towns, agricultural contractors and farmers.

The Town will be taking the same action as our neighboring Towns and adopting the basic requirements of the new law in regards weight limits on town roads.

The Town of Pittsfield will not require any special action for implements of husbandry or Ag CMVs UNLESS they wish to use the roads while exceeding the basic weight limits of 23,000 pounds per axle or a total 92,000 pounds gross weight. Follow this link to a state website with a table showing the allowed 15% increase. CLICK HERE to view the IOH/Ag CMV table. This table is what now controls for IOH/Ag CMV weights, on town roadways.

A permit may be submitted for permission to exceed these weight limits adopted by the Town.

The Town will use the State Standard Applications M2582 and M2583 as No-Fee Permits.

The permits can be accessed at the Wis. DOT website at:

Submit completed permits to the Town Zoning Administrator Debbie Diederich at one of the following:
Attach and send by email at: (put IOH in Subject line)
Fax to: (920) 865-2001
Mail to: IOH Permit, 6532 Old Highway 29, Seymour WI 54165

Additional information on the new law is also available at this DOT website.


Town Hall Rental

Town Hall is available for rental to Town Residents Only.

Rent is $75 plus $100 deposit.
Deposit is returned if the hall is left clean and not damaged.
Contact the Clerk for reservations at (920) 676-1517.


Cemetery info

Lots can be purchased for the North Pittsfield Cemetery from the Clerk @ 676-1517. Lots sell for $400 per site.

If an additional cremation is added there will be a $100 fee per burial and no more than 3 cremations per burial site. Any fee incurred for the excavation will be paid directly to the person hired to perform the work.


Recycling / garbage

Garbage pickup is independently contracted by each property owner. Refer to Rubbish Removal in the telephone book.

Recycling is every other week based on where you reside in relation to County Road C. Those Residents that are East of County Road C are picked up one week while those West of County Road C on the opposing week.

Updated January 16, 2018

More Info


election info

Polls are located at the Town Hall at 3041 Kunesh North Road. Anyone not already registered can register on election day.

Please bring identification and your Wisconsin drivers license ID number.

Absentee ballots are available by contacting the Clerk at (920) 676-1517. See MORE INFO for directions and complete info on upcoming elections.

more info


Burning permits

Burning permits are not required in the Town. Residents must notify the Fire Department of controlled burns. Residents will be charged the full cost of the Fire department response of a controlled burn that was not properly reported before the burning started.

Call in controlled burns to the Brown County Communications center at: 391-7450

more info